Update 9th February 2020
Our next demonstration evening is on Friday February 21st - has been changed to: Silk Painting with Caren Threlfall at 7.00pm. This is also enrolment evening for members to renew their annual membership and receive discount cards. The venue as always is the Methodist Church, Norwood Drive, Torrisholme, Lancaster LA4 6LT. in the comfortable newly refurbished room. Guests are welcome to join us at demonstrations for £3 per person. Tea/Coffee and biscuits are provided and there will usually be a raffle. Follow the link https://lancasteranddistrictartsociety.com/2020-programme/
Portrait and ‘Painting together’ sessions
Members who wish to take part are on Thursday morning portrait sessions can meet at Bolton-le-Sands Old Boys Grammar School. between 10.00AM and 12.00AM. We look forward to seeing you there. For more information on any of the above please contact: Kathy McAdam or Colin Pickering.
January 31st: AGM We urge all members to attend as important club business will be discussed.
February 8th. Saturday: Workshop with Peter Threlfall. Title to be confirmed, but I have asked Peter to include people in the painting we do. We will use the Memorial Hall, Slyne for this workshop which will be as usual from 10:00 till 4:00
Our programme of activities include:
- Demonstrations and tuition by professional artists.
- Thursday morning sessions at The Old Boy’s school.
- Tutored workshops by professional artists.
- Lectures by professional artists and art historians.
- Outdoor painting and sketching days in summer.
- Visits to galleries and national collections.
- Public exhibitions for society members to show and sell their work.